Artifacts: George Harrison letters and photographs 1963-65

Via Bonhams:

The Beatles: Letters from George Harrison and other memorabilia,
1963-1965,
items mounted as a framed display, comprising:
two letters from George to a fan, each written in black ballpoint, headed Margate and Llandudno respectively, the first reading, Dear Dianne, Thanks for your letter. I haven't really got much time to answer, but I thought I had better try now, otherwise I'll never do it. My brothers are. Peter 22 Harry 25. parents. Louise and Harry. car. Ford Zephyr. Harry and the Box are friends of ours. no favourite food in particular Cheerio love from George Harrison XXX (John is married and has been since before we started making records)., the second, Dear Dianne, Thanks for the letter. I tought myself to play the guitar, my car number is L.T.U. 409. I can speak a little german my parents names are Louise and Harry, and I have visited Germany, Spain + Holland. Billy Fury must be 23 too!; the corresponding envelopes, with clipped postmarks, Margate 14 JLY 1963 and Llandudno 18 AUG 1963, each with 'B' logo to reverse; a typewritten letter headed THE BEATLES and dated 23rd July, 1963, beginning Dear Dianne, Thanks for your letter and also the jelly babies which John and I ''scoffed''. As I ate most of the jelly babies the others said that I should write to you...We really appreciated your comments concerning our group and as the reception we received at Worcester was ''fab.'' we hope it won't be too long before we will be able to come again... and with secretarial signature in black ink; the autographs of Ringo Starr and George Harrison on an album page in blue ballpoint, with dedication by Ringo, To Dianne love from the Beatles, with non-authentic John Lennon and Paul McCartney autographs; three black and white unpublished photographs of the Beatles taken by the vendor in Worcester; and two ticket stubs for the Gaumont Theatre, Worcester, 28th May and 4th September;
together with original 1960s' mono pressings of the albums, 'Please Please Me', 'With The Beatles', 'A Hard Day's Night' and 'Help!', frame 26½ x 28½in (67.5 x 72.5cm)
 
 

Comments