Olivia Harrison on George's songwriting and "Hey, Ringo"

Billboard has a nice interview with Olivia Harrison in which she discusses the new edition of George's memoir/lyrics collection "I, Me, Mine."
Were there any revelations in what you discovered?
Well yeah, yes, like the song "Hey Ringo." Ringo had never seen it until last Saturday [at the gallery/pop-up store]. He said, "Hey, I've never seen that before." And I said I hadn't either. I guess it was in the piano bench in an envelope. And there was this song called "Hey Ringo" that they think was from around 1970 or 1971. And it's really sweet. I'm going to get it framed and give it to him because it's really sweet. It's like "Hey Ringo, or something, "That without you my guitar plays far too slow." That was a big revelation and surprise. Ringo was totally surprised and really happy. What a gift to have all these years later.

Comments