New Yoko interview in the NME

Read it here.
John was very concerned with the idea of justice. Where did that come from?
I don’t know. I think it’s him. I think it had to do with the fact that he was considered Liverpool/Irish – which was the dirt, which was the worst. His father was Liverpool/Irish, his mother was English. So he related to the persecuted people in the sense and he was one of them as well.

It’s like how much he cared about women – there’s a book by Elizabeth Gould Davis called The First Sex about what women have done in history, and how things have been swung around to be credited to men. Me and John tried really hard to get this book in the 1970s, but it was sold out everywhere in New York. Then one morning I woke up and John was sitting in bed crying. He’d woken up early, got the book and read it while I was asleep. He just said, ‘I didn’t know’.

Comments