McCartney provides tune for new Diana Krall LP

Jazz singer/pianist Diana Krall played on Paul McCartney's Kisses on the Bottom standards LP a few years back. Now he's returned the favor with a song, the Beatles Examiner reports.

Titled “If I Take You Home Tonight,” the otherwise unreleased tune appears on Krall's upcoming LP, Wallflower, out Oct. 2.
“I still had a copy of the music," Krall said, "and I asked him if he was O.K. if I did the song for my record and he said, 'Sure,' so we recorded that and it came out just gorgeous. It's a new Paul McCartney song that's never been recorded that I'm pretty honored to have.”
Wallflower also includes Krall singing the Mamas & the Papas' “California Dreamin',” the Eagles' “Desperado” and Elton John's “Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word.”

She also performs duets with Bryan Adams on "Feels Like Home" and with Michael BublĂ©  on Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again, Naturally."

A deluxe version of the album from Amazon includes Krall's version of the Beatles' “In My Life” and a duet with Georgie Fame on his “Yeh Yeh.”

Comments